I got a craving for pesto.
The old green gunk in the fridge was not going to cut it.
I wanted it fresh. Super green. Chunky, sticky and oily.
The only problem was that I didn’t have basil or pine nuts or money to buy them.
But I did have cilantro and pistachios.
So that would have to do. And do it did.
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 handful of pistachios
- 1/2 clove of roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Chop cilantro until very fine.
- Chop garlic until very mushy.
- Chop pistachios until pulverized
- Put all ingredients together and keep chopping until fully mixed and very small.
- Of course, you could skip the first four steps and just put all your ingredients in a food processor, should you be so lucky as to own one.
- Put your green chopped goodness in a container and add olive oil.
- Let sit, covered in the refrigerator for a few hours until the aroma is fully saturated.
Pesto divino. Perfecto por todo.