Pesto Chicken Empanadas
- Empanada Pastry Dough*
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked
- 3 tbsp Cilantro Pistachio Pesto
- 1/2 cup Red Roasted Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
* I use store bought empanada pastry dough. Any savory pastry crust will work, just cut into circles about 4 inches in diameter.
Dice the chicken breasts into small chunks.
Mix in pesto and cheese.
Take your empanada pastry in your hand and place a tomato slice in the center.
Then add chicken.
Fold in half, and seal by twisting the edges together. Poke a small hole in the top of the empanada to release steam.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 min, or until the crust is golden brown. Makes 12 empanadas.
Try not to burn them like I did ….