These empanadas are simple, and delicious. A good meatless option.
- 12 empanada pastry sheets
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 large green onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan defrost your spinach. Drain any extra liquid.
- When it is ready, add the onion, sour cream and parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill the pastry sheets and seal tightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 20 minutes or until the empanadas are golden brown.
- Tip – if you brush the empanadas with a beaten egg before baking and they will turn out very pretty.