I’m struggling to find the words that could dignify this dessert. Alas, they are beyond me.
Rummy B.A.-nanas Foster
A recipe by Charles Lucking.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1″ chunks (or smaller if you like)
- 1 kilo ice cream (I like something vanilla-ish based, but Dulce de Leche would be pretty great too)
- 1 jar of good quality dulce de leche (La Salamandra is my go-to)
In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. Allow the mixture to bubble for 8-10 minutes, place bananas in pan. Cook until bananas are melted on the outside but still firm , 3-4 minutes. Serve at once over ice cream, with a dollop of dulce de leche on top.
Note from Veevs – this was hands down the best dessert I’ve ever had in my life. That’s not an exaggeration. And I’ve had a lot of dessert.